Canada amongst the top global destinations for Education. The Education System in Canada is clearly explained in this blog.
Canada is becoming the most popular destination for international students because of its high-quality education at a very affordable rate. Not only that, but the Government of Canada also welcomes foreign nationals with easy visa options, work permits, and immigration policies.
Also read – Importance of IELTS for Canada Admission Process
Canada is showing a high interest in its post-secondary education with an annual spending per capita on higher education putting it on the list as the top third country in the world.
In this blog we give a complete guide of the Education system in Canada from levels of study to types of institutions and the cost of study one can expect to pursue studies in this country.
Canadian education Institutes:
Different levels of study are offered at different institutes. An international student can choose from different institutes to pursue their studies
Career and technical colleges: These colleges are aimed to give vocational courses and technical education. Certificate and diploma programs are offered to prepare students for job-ready skills.
Community colleges: Community colleges are publicly funded or private post-secondary institutes that offer a wide range of programs including diplomas, certificates, associate degrees, and undergraduate and postgraduate diplomas
University colleges: University transfer programs are offered in these colleges along with other programs ranging from diploma to graduate degree.
University: University is a federally or provincially funded institution with a focus on research as well as taught programs. They offer undergraduate, post-graduate, doctoral, and post-doctoral programs.
Also read – Canada Education Consultants in Hyderabad
Education System in Canada
- Certificates and Diploma course level: These are usually 1 to 2 years programs that are job oriented and offer technical and vocational training.
- Associate degree: A 2 years program that is equivalent to the first two years of study of a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree: This is an undergraduate degree that requires 4years of full-time study after secondary school. Some provinces such as Quebec have a 3-year bachelor’s program.
- Bachelor’s honours degree: 4 years full-time undergraduate degree but it is a specialist program for selective majors that may require specific credits or GPA.
- Postgraduate Diploma: A diploma program that can be done within a year or 2 as a post-bachelor qualification
- Master’s degree(thesis): 1 to 2 years of full-time study with majors in the area of research.
- Master’s degree(taught): A 1 to 2-year master’s degree program which requires students to finish the required credits without needing a research topic or thesis submission.
- Doctoral or Ph.D. degree: requires a duration of 4 to 7 years for a doctoral degree program. A specialized research area is chosen and on successfully defending the completed dissertation before a panel of faculty a Ph.D. or Doctorate is awarded.
- Post-Doctoral Programs: Postdoctoral programs are research-oriented academic programs in specialized research areas and the duration depends on the body of work and the contract of research. There is no time-limit on the program.
Cost of Study:
• Canada offers the lowest tuition rates for foreign students.
• Canadian tuition fees may be anywhere between CAD 7000 to CAD 29,000 a year. Some MBA programs and specialization programs might cost more. The cost of programs differs by the institutions offering or the province and location.
• Even though the costs can vary they are way lesser than their US, UK, Australian counterparts.
• Provincial and federal funding is also available for many programs
• Location and lifestyle choices can also vary the cost of study in Canada.
Also read – Consultancy for Canada Education in Hyderabad
Best Education System in Canada – SHRINIKA OVERSEAS EDUCON
Shrinika Overseas Educon is a global leader in international education services specializing in Canada education Services in particular. We have years of experience helping many international students find their study destinations in Canadian universities and colleges.
With an experienced team with a complete guide to the process, we can help right from the choosing of the university to the application process, admissions, and travel guide.
We are here to help any student who is aspiring to pursue his or her Higher Education in Canada. Please feel free to visit our website http://shrinikaoverseas.com/ or contact us at 703 205 8882, 7075628882 and we can help them chose the right course at the Right University in Canada.